Date(s) - Jan 16, 2016
Please Verify Hours
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
Date: Jan. 16th 2016
What: Austin 5th Annual Beekeeping Seminar
Who: Sponsored by the Austin Area Beekeepers Association
Where: J.J. Pickle Research Campus
10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
Cost: $40 pre-registration
The mission of this daylong seminar is to educate people of all experience levels in sustainable bee husbandry and to provide funding for the Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab.
This is a daylong seminar offering 4 different educational presentations running concurrently in each time slot throughout the day. This will provide many beginning and advanced subjects to choose from. A separate beginner?s track has been formatted covering a variety of startup topics for soon to be or very new beekeepers.
Afternoon sessions will include many different presentations including:
- Honey Bee Management 1 and 2
- Honey Bee Biology and Behavior
- Top Bar Management 1 and 2
- Varroa Management
- Brood Disease Control
- Swarm Capture Techniques
- Raising Queens
- Learn Honey Extraction Techniques
- Beneficial Bee Flowers
- Queen Finding and Requeening Techniques
- The Latest in the Texas Bee Lab Research
- Colony Supersedure and Management
- Keeping Bees in an Africanized Zone
- Nutrition Management
- Spring Management
- Cut Outs
Honey Extraction Techniques
- Professor Juliana Rangel-Posada ? Dept. of Entomology Texas A&M.
- Mark Dykes- Chief Texas Apiary Inspector.
- Mark Hedley- Commercial beekeeper and owner of Spiral Horn Apiary.
- Chris Doggett- President of the Williamson County Area Beekeepers Assoc.
- Tanya Phillips- President of the Travis County Beekeepers Assoc.
- Dean Cook-Top Bar hive management advocate.
- Karl Acuri- Austin Area Beekeepers Assoc. (Co-organizer) and natural beekeeper.
- Mary Reed- Texas Apiary Inspector.
- Cameron Crane-Area Director Texas Beekeepers Association.
- Lily Rosenman- Austin Area Beekeepers Assoc. (Co-organizer) and natural beekeeper.
- Becky Bender-TX Master Naturalist.
- Brandon Fehrenkamp- Natural beekeeper advocate and owner of Austin Bees.
- Lance Wilson- Certified Master Beekeeper GMBP.
For more info and to register for this event go to http://aabaseminar2016.eventbrite.com
For additional information you can email Lance Wilson. firstname.lastname@example.org
This organization is non-profit and all proceeds of this event will be used to promote sustainable beekeeping practices and provide support to our much appreciated Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab. This should be a lot of fun, everyone please come out and see us.