Date(s) - Mar 28, 2020
Please Verify Hours
What you’ll learn:
The queen bee is the most important individual in a honey bee colony. She maintains a colony by laying 1500-2000 eggs per day in the spring and summer. Participants will learn about the many factors that contribute to rearing quality queens.
- Grafting larvae for queen rearing
- Understanding mating boxes and nucleus colonies
- How to handle virgin and mated queens
- How to mark and successfully introduce a queen to a colony
- Basic beekeeping techniques
Who this course is designed for:
This class is designed for hobby beekeepers, experienced beekeepers, commercial beekeepers, and bee researchers.
For information and enrollment